Monday, May 2, 2011

Teacher Appreciation...Make Lemonade!

Today starts Teacher Appreciation Week.  Having been a teacher, I know that not much appreciation is sent to teachers.  I also know, that everyone, no matter what they do, enjoys receiving recognition for the work that they do. So, I decided that my daughters' teachers were going to be shown how important I feel their work is and that I (and my girls) think that they are doing a good job.

Now, I wondered, what can I do that wouldn't be the same old, same old teacher gift?  Something that would be different and useful.  Not the usual coffee mug or figurine? An item that would be used, not just acknowledged for the rememberance of Teacher Appreciation Week, but that would be enjoyed.

It just so happened, I was in the Dollar Store with my middle miss and she spied some tall glasses with lemons all over them.  They were very summery and were paired on a display with some boxes of individual lemonade packets. Then it came to me. A nice little gift that incorporated a fun glass from which to drink some nice, refreshing lemonade.

Since I was busy all weekend, I ran short of time Sunday night to get my little gifts together--as I have something planned for every day of this week. Thankfully, this was very easy and required no artsy-craftsy skill or drying time.  I simply filled each glass with lemonade packets, a plastic spoon (or straw) and some shred.
I tied a cute ribbon around the glass with a decorative tag. I also added a bottle of water, upside down in each glass--but that was an afterthought and I didn't take a picture of that.  Not bad for an inexpensive and quick put together gift!

Cost Breakdown:  $1.50 per gift
4 Glasses....$4.00
2 Lemonade Boxes (w/12 in box)....$2.00
Shred--free as I already had this
Plastic Spoon/Straw--free as I already had this
Ribbon--free as it was recycled from a gift




No comments:

Post a Comment