Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jewelry As Art

I've always found jewelry to be a pain to tame. When I housed it in a jewelry box, my necklaces always seemed somehow to end up tangled and knotted. When I tired of having something so bulky take up precious space on my vanity, I placed a fabric lined box in one of my drawers. I thought this would be the perfect solution to my jewelry housing problem. Alas, it wasn't. I found that my necklaces and bracelets still seemed to inter-tangle themselves with my many earrings. I also often 'forgot' I had certain pieces because I couldn't find them and they weren't easily visable so I often went unaccessorized. Not only that, I found that drawer space was becoming an issue. That's when I decided there had to be a better way to store my jewelry.


I realized I needed a storage space that kept my pieces from being a tangled mess. At the same time, I didn't want it to take up my always inadequate counter or drawer space. Most of all, I really wanted to be able to see what I had so that I would be more likely to actually wear it.

It just so happened that I was walking through a Marshall's and there by the picture section was this really neat looking cork board framed with a distressed green frame. I loved it! It was the perfect color to match my vanity area walls and it looked 'antiqued.' As a display on the front of the wrapped frame, there was a picture of pearl headed pins holding photos. So, I marched home, hung the frame and added some pretty pearl headed sewing pins.
I even found these really cool clip things at Wal-Mart in the hardware section that are sturdier then the pins and hold heavier items.

Voila! It is so much better this way and it
 serves as art as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment